Control of Power and drives in Railways, requires expertise in Power Electronics. Electrohms offers a range of accurate, reliable transducers for the measurement of current and voltage , that provides control and protection signals for locomotive and stationary track side applications.
The traction inverter has to convert energy efficiently and power the drive motors of the locomotive. The conversion of energy (from direct current into three-phase alternating current) is made possible only by state-of-the-art power electronics. ELECTROHMS offers closed loop current sensors and hall effect based voltage transducers for these critical traction converter applications.
Auxilary converter forms part of the auxiliary drive system in the ac locomotive which is primarily used for supplying power to loads such as fans, blowers, lighting the cabin and also charging the locomotive battery. It typically has a IGBT configuration and is fed from the auxiliary winding of the locomotive transformer. ELECTROHMS has developed current sensors to meet the specifications of the manufacturers.
Electronic Rectified Regulated Unit
The ERRU 4.5Kw & 25 kW used in Indian Railway AC, non AC coaches , has input supply of 3-phase AC voltage generated from a brushless alternator. The output of the alternator is an AC variable voltage and variable frequency depending on the speed of the train. The AC voltage is converted to regulated DC voltage as required for AC and non AC coaches. It also charges a battery bank through a voltage and current controller. ELECTROHMS closed loop current sensors are being used by manufacturers of ERRUs for Indian Railways.
Custom Solution Design
We can work with you to develop custom sensors for your unique needs.
- We carefully investigate the design objectives based on the inputs received from you.
- Based on cost, size, packaging, electrical performance, certification or approvals required, we create a template of product design.
- Quote submitted with clear specifications, lead times for prototype and production batches, along with commercials.
- Prototyping ensures quick shipment and reduction in approval time.
- After acceptance of prototypes, a test and acceptance criteria is prepared and same is set up for the regular production batches by our production and Quality assurance team.
- We ensure that the product required is delivered within the accepted schedule. Hence, if you require a customized solution, we are the right organization to be contacted.